CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Easy Peasy

This doesn't even warrant a recipe because it was so easy. I wanted stir fry and we had all the ingredients on hand. Plus, I had a weird craving for rice with soy sauce. I'm a weirdo.

Below is how I threw it together, but if you have any vegetables on hand, fresh or frozen, you can make a stir fry. Some good combinations:

* Steak, sugar snap peas, bamboo shoots, zucchini, carrots, onions
* Chicken, peas, baby corn, celery, water chestnuts, onions
* Chicken, asparagus, onions, green peppers, red peppers


I could go on and on. For this recipe, I used two cut up chicken breasts. You can either cube them or cut them into strips. My husband made fun of me because I cubed them. He says "That isn't how you make stir fry". Whatever. I am a free spirit. I don't like to follow directions. I also used a package of frozen stir fry veggies. I believe it had carrots, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas and a couple of other things in there.

If you want to get really creative, you can make your own sauce. I used a bottled sauce (GASP!) but your own would work. Soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, fish sauce, hoisin, or anything else your heart desires.
Here is my take on stir fry:

Pachey's Chicken Stir Fry

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 package (16 oz) frozen stir fry vegetables
4 tablespoons sauce

1. Heat oil of your choosing in a pan over medium heat.
2. Cook the chicken until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes
3. Remove chicken from the pan and add vegetables. Cook, about 5 to 7 minutes until done, but still crisp.
4. Add chicken back in pan. Add sauce and stir to coat. Let everything heat through.

DONE! Serve with rice and my favorite, soy sauce. The best part about this meal is it takes about 15 minutes, not counting the time the rice takes. I have a handy dandy rice cooker, so I always rely on that.
Easy Peasy! How appropriate since this recipe had sugar snap peas in it!

0 comments: