CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Spontaneous

I title my entry this because that is what I was this morning. I woke up on Sunday at 6:30 (thanks to one of my cats), and it was now 10:30. I hadn't eaten and I was hungry. My two cups of coffee had not satisfied me. I really didn't want the regular breakfast fare, so when I saw the recipe below, it "called" to me. It was like an epiphany.

This recipe has circled around the Nest for some time, so out of hunger or spontaneity, I decided to try it. I do have to admit that I ate too much of it. I now have a stomach ache. Although it could partially be the fact that I am allergic to cinnamon. But, the stomach ache is worth it because this is a good one! It makes lots too, so it would be good for entertaining or for a family breakfast. It's similar to a coffee cake. You can use as little or as much brown sugar as you desire. If you like a lot of topping, use a lot. If you prefer a lesser topping, use less.





I probably should limit the times that I am spontaenous when it comes to cooking. I end up making or baking something that is not usually healthy. Last weekend for 4th of July, I decided to bake a chocolate cake. Not a good idea for a woman home alone.

Oh well. Anyhow, enjoy the one below.

Cinnamon Flop
from: The Nest (www.thenest.com)

2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder

Mix all the ingredients above together. Pour into a 9x13 pan, or two round cake pans.

Top with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon. I suggest using enough brown sugar to lightly cover the pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the brown sugar. Cut up some butter, around 1/4 cup, into little chunks and place it over the top of the brown sugar and cinnamon mix.

Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

0 comments: